Well, yes – I can’t help it if I’m from Texas. One of our clients asked me recently, “How many syllables are there in the word ‘can’t’?”
To which I replied, “Three.”
But I digress. Since it is Friday and I’m pretty all much bloggied out and I’m trying to limit the whole recipe thing to one or two a week, I thought I’d pinch an open meme that both Smart Mouth Broad and Midlife Slices tagged the blogosphere with earlier this week: Seven Random Facts About Me.
Yes, I know – since I can’t count to 100 you know more random facts about me than you can shake a stick at. Deal with it. Keep an open mind. Muster some anticipation.
1. While I have something of an, ahem, addictive personality – with a heapin’ helpin’ of OCD thrown in for good measure – gambling is not one of my problems. I’m not a tightwad, but I’m not fiscally irresponsible and gambling just seems like a waste of money to me. You should see me obsess over my 401K…
2. I love to do crafts, and have approximately 472 of them laying around the house in various stages of incompletion. (Beloved is banging his head against the desk and moaning, “Gawd, yes…” right about now.) I apparently have a problem with follow-through when it comes to yarn, embroidery floss, felt, sequins, glitter and hot glue guns.
3. I read cookbooks for fun. I have over 100; a couple of them are very old, and a couple of them are reproductions of very old cookbooks. My favorite is the 1972 version of The Joy of Cooking. I could make my own butter and render fat if I had to, and if we ever suffer a famine for whatever reason, I bet I’ll be able to make a rat tartar that would make you swoon.
4. Speaking of rat tartar, some of the more “exotic” things I’ve eaten are snails, abalone, alligator, squid, octopus, sea urchin and tongue. I also adore calves liver. Give me some fried liver and onions and I’m a very, very happy camper. Just keep tripe away from me. I’d love menudo if it weren’t for the damn tripe.
5. The summer I was 15, my maternal grandmother and I drove to Canada and back – I stood on a glacier in the middle of July. The summer I was 17, we drove to Alaska and back. During that trip I got to see humpback whales up close, bald eagles, moose, bears, Mt. McKinley and the sun at 3 a.m.
6. I just adore single malt scotch and OH MY GAWD WE’RE OUT OF DALWHINNIE. This simply will not do. Hon, we need to go to the liquor store this weekend.
7. In a random fact that’s sort of related to #6, I once had sex in the chemistry lab at Oklahoma University. I wasn’t a college student and neither was he.
And that’s all folks. Tag – you’re it. If you feel like it.
Have a lovely weekend, y’all.